We have experienced changes from our social media Platforms for a while. It can be the algorithms, the way of posting, upgrades and shun of some operations. This spreads across Facebook, Instagram , Snapchat, Twitter and other widely used platforms. These changes have affected us and our companies both positively and negatively. In the case of the changes that have been announced by Twitter about their Tweetdeck, I would like to give my thoughts about it.
Well, tweetdeck has been very helpful to a number of companies more so media houses, big companies and individuals who specialize in digital marketing, that is, influencing and content creation and scheduling. Additionally it has had a positive feedback in the sharing of breaking news.
Ultimately, it has imposed dangers and negatives to the society. For instance, Tweetdeck allows spamming of tweets through massive sharing, retweets and likes. In most cases this has encouraged the spread of fake news, hatred and cyber bullying easily within a short time that become trends in the digital platforms.
Even though tweetdeck has been helpful, the restrictions will help curb fake following, tweeting and cyber bullying. In this article, I have tried to bring out why I recommend the route Twitter has taken to regulate tweetdeck operations. Well, I’ll like to pin my opinion.
First of all, I like the idea. I welcome it! Why:
1. We have been having many Fake accounts work for companies in the name of Digital Marketing yet the results are brand visibility with less brand conversions.
2. Some media houses and individuals have been spamming the trending section with similar content from over 20 accounts. This has resulted to some topics trending unnecessarily!
3. Some users have focused more on retweets, likes and tweets than content and use of real influencers and thought leaders to converse and interact with the brand target audience and customers through creative content.
4. It is easier to clearly differentiate the true influencers, thought leaders and content marketers that have the voice, can change our thoughts and behaviour than looking up to FAKE INFLUENCERS who have fake followers, bots and deck retweets and likes.
This is one way of reducing Fake news that has hit the society through social media now that technology and internet is spreading quickly to every part of the world.
5. Twitter has been trying to regulate the activities that happen on their platform. In November 2017, they restricted the verification of individuals. Now they follow up on strict measures before they verify anyone. Additionally, by them removing fake
followers and now eliminating some pleasures Twitter users have been enjoying through tweetdeck will make it manageable for the company to operate under strict
measures and their objectives met.
The removal of the automtion and massive tweeting will increase content creativity and sharing on twitter. Hence, do not confuse the removal of some tweetdeck pleasures to shutting down of the site. Automation and the use of multiple accounts is the one that has been largely affected. You can still enjoy using tweetdeck.
If you liked the article, don’t forget to share.